Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Dogs Are My Children!

I love my dogs. Period. I'm very passionate about rescuing animals from shelter and truly feel blessed to have 2 wonderful dogs.

First, there's Miller. He is a 10 year old boxer/coonhound who is hands down the best dog I've ever had. He is obedient, smart, and protective. Doug saved him when Miller was only 5 months old. He was abused and Doug took him on the low. I'm convinced Miller has helped my husband through some hard times.



Then there's Tadd. A work in progress but he is painfully cute! He is a 1 year old beagle mix. He enjoys eating socks and bras, and stealing food off the kitchen counter.



In this picture he is eyeing up dinner tonight. Which was a delicious cheeseburger soup. And super healthy! Here is the recipe, for some reason it will not link directly to the page.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/beef/all-american-cheeseburger-soup/

Basically I used 93/7 ground turkey, no potatoes, and only 1 cup of reduced fat cheddar. Doug asked for seconds it was that good!



Do you adopt dogs from shelters?

2 comments:

  1. Found you! I think Leyna would love that soup. Can't wait to try it! My "nephews" look adorable. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all the nephews you are gonna get too HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete