Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Weekend?

Seriously.. I'm sitting here wondering. What the heck did I do this weekend? It flew by!

Friday the husband and I went to Bonefish Grill with a gift card left from Christmas. Wow was this meal incredible! I did not take pictures b/c I felt weird taking one in a decent restaurant. But everyone who has been to Bonefish knows you MUST get the Bang Bang Shrimp as an appetizer. So delish! For dinner I always get the shrimp and scallops with veggies and I got a side of rice since I needed a little bit of carbs for my 8 mile run I had planned the next morning. We decided to get Chocolate Creme Brulee to go since we just wanted to be bums at home.

Saturday morning I woke up early to meet my friend Jesse for a nice 8 mile run. It was sunny and 29 degrees, a little cold but there was no wind. I just love Saturday morning runs. No one is really out yet so all the roads are quiet and peaceful. The route we ran goes through a valley and I love the early morning fog in the sun. I ran 8 miles in 1 hr 5 mins. Perfect pace. Not too fast and not too slow.

After the run I went right to the grocery store to load up on the essentials! Grapefruits for the husband, eggs, salad, milk, bread. I did not buy frozen pizza this time around. After reading the ingredients to our favorite frozen pizza I felt soooo nasty. We are cutting it out. Do not need any 16 letter ingredients in my diet! LOL





Then after grocery shopping I attempted to make a cake from thenest.com, half way through the directions I noticed they just stopped. WTF? So I had to guess what else to do in order to make this Brown Sugar Pound Cake. Turned out to be an epic fail. Grr!! But that's okay. This was for my cousin coming over later that night but we had a nice spread just for the two of us to catch up on some gabbing!



I had cheese and crackers to go with our wine. Plus I decided to give hummus and naan a try. OMG where has hummus been all my life? This snack will definitely be making an appearance more often on this blog!

Sunday was a pretty chill day. I met my good friend Angela for RPM this morning at the gym. I decided I'd give this class a try just to vary my cross training. It was a good workout but I'm just not a group exercise person. I prefer my own music and motivating myself. I'm just not into crazy class instructors. But that is just what I prefer!

After class I decided to try a new tea. Wild Berry Zinger by Celestrial Teas. Yummmm. I have defintely been on a tea kick and this hit the spot! Oh yea.. and a little piece of dark chocolate never hurt anyone!



How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment